Webster County CARES Program
Webster County has received Coronavirus Relief Funds to distribute to eligible parties for necessary expenditures incurred due to the public health emergency. The Webster County Commission recognizes the negative impact that COVID-19 has had on our community, and has opened eligibility for distribution of these funds to: local governments; non-profits; and private businesses.
Funds may only be used to cover costs that:
- are necessary expenditures incurred due to the public health emergency with respect to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19);
- were incurred during the period that begins on March 1, 2020, and ends on December 30, 2020.
Distribution of these funds has been organized into multiple phases. The first phase covers expenses from the period March 1 through June 30, 2020. The deadline for applications is Friday, July 31st, 2020. It is anticipated that applications will be reviewed by Monday, August 17th, 2020.
The minimum amount that may be applied during Phase One of this program is $100. The maximum amount that may be awarded during Phase One is: $7,500.
Applicants must submit IRS Form W-0 along with their request. Successful applicants will be required to sign an agreement at the time of award, which will include an acknowledgement of their responsibility to repay any monies found to be improperly claimed or used.
Finally, applicants must not be delinquent on their property taxes, and must possess any State, county, or city license required for their operation. Any overlooked or delinquent county or city licenses or fees must be made current at time of award.
That being said, the goal is to make applying for this program a relatively easy process - requiring a short application and thorough documentation of expenses. Webster County and its municipalities care about the businesses and other organizations that form the backbone of our shared community - and will be glad to help with any questions you may have with this process.
Webster County CARES Program
Phase One - Program Description (continued)
During Phase One, the County Commission has divided the types of applicants and eligible expenses into two categories. "Category A" is for reimbursement of direct expenses, and is open to nearly all local governments, non-profits, and businesses. "Category B" is modeled upon the federal "Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)", and is open only to non-profits and businesses with 10 or less employees. Priority will be given to applicants who did not receive PPP funds. These organizations would either have been closed due to being defined as "non-essential" under a government order, or have evidence of a hardship caused by COVID-19.
Program funds will be allocated to eligible and qualified applicants based on availability. Applications and supporting documentation are required for review and approval. All payments will be processed on a first-come, first-reviewed bases.
REVENUE REPLACEMENT IS NOT A PERMISSIBLE USE OF FUND PAYMENTS.
In addition to criteria listed above, to be eligible, applicants must meet the following requirements:
Category A: Direct Expenses
- Must be a: local government; non-profit; or independently-owned for-profit business (including independently-operated franchises); 'full-time' farms (defined for this program as farms where line 2 of Schedule F constitutes 80% of gross household income).
- Must be geographically located within the borders of Webster County, MO.
- Must provide either: documentation for past expenditures during covered period for materials, supplies and/or services purchased due to the COVID-19 public health emergency; or, a budget with documentation showing what materials, supplies and/or services will be purchased should application be successful.
- For local governments, expenses must have been unbudgeted costs.
- Non-profit and for-profit businesses, must provide copy of current registration from Missouri Secretary of State's Office.
- For-profit businesses and farms must provide a copy of either Schedule C or Schedule F from their 2019 federal income tax return.
Category B: Small Business Relief
- In addition to funds received under Category A, small businesses, 'full-time' farms, or non-profit organizations employing 10 or fewer full-time or part-time employees (including owner) may also apply under Category B.
- Priority will be given to organizations that have not received a Paycheck Protection Program loan or similar program under the CARES Act. However, if PPP or other federal funds were received, the organization may still apply - but will be required to provide additional documentation of federal funds received to ensure that any expenses previously reimbursed will not also be requested under this program.
- Were closed due to being declared "non-essential" by government order, or must provide evidence of business hardship created by COVID-19 (i.e. employee layoffs, purchase of added safety items, added expenses due to COVID-19, etc.).
- May use funds for operational needs, such as mortgage (interest only) payments, rent, & utilities.
Webster County CARES Program
Phase One (continued)
During Phase One, the following organizations will not be considered eligible to request assistance under the Webster County CARES program:
- Lending and investment institutions
- Bail Bond businesses
- Corporately Owned Chain Stores
- The applicant is engaged in any business activity that is illegal under federal, state or local law
- Other types of organizations, at the discretion of the Webster County Commission
Nonexclusive examples of ineligible expenditures:
- Expenses that h ave been, or will be reimbursed under any other federal program, such as federal reimbursement pursuant to the CARES Act or contributions by States to State unemployment funds
- Damages covered by insurance
- Payroll or benefits expenses for employees whose work duties are not substantially dedicated to mitigating or responding to the COVID-19 public health emergency
- Reimbursement to donors for donated items or services
- Workforce bonuses, other than hazard pay or overtime
- Severance pay
- Legal settlements
Please complete the attached application and provide copies of any required documentation. If you are local government agency, or if you are located outside any city limit, please submit by email, fax, or mail:
Sigel Owen, CARES Director
101 S. Crittenden St., Rm. 12
Marshfield MO 65706
If your organization is within the city limits of Diggins, Fordland, Marshfield, Niangua, Rogersville, or Seymour - please submit to the applicable city. We are Asking the cities to complete their part and forward the application to the County.
Click Below for
May 1st, 2020
City Hall Reopening May 4th, 2020
The City of Rogersville will be reopening City Hall which has been closed due to COVID-19 pandemic. Beginning May 4th, 2020 City Hall will reopen the lobby for in-person business. Only four people will be allowed in the lobby at one time, and social distancing practices will be observed. No visitors or solicitors will be allowed in, only those there to conduct business. Water customers are asked to continue mailing their payments, using the door drop box at City Hall or calling 417-753-2884. Board of Alderman meetings, and all regularly scheduled meetings will resume as normally scheduled with limited capacity to maintain social distancing.
Wishing you well,
The City of Rogersville
April 16th Court
Court on April 16th, 2020 will be a virtual/video Court beginning at 9 am. You will need to register in advance using the following link: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYvduCgpj4vII1VQ4XNLPfz3Qx4fzP9tA
To join our Virtual Court you will need a computer, tablet, or cell phone with internet, audio, and video. At 9 am you will be able to “join meeting” and enter the meeting room and Judge Worsham will begin calling names of the participates.
If you have any questions please contact the Municipal Court Clerk at 417.753.2884 ext 321 before April 15th. The Clerk will be unable to answer any phone calls the morning of April 16th.
April 9th Court
Court on April 9th, 2020 will be a virtual/video Court beginning at 9 am. You will need internet to access the following link https://zoom.us/j/633225275 using a computer, tablet, or cell phone with audio and video. From there just follow the “Zoom” prompts. At 9 am you will be able to click on “Join Meeting” and enter the meeting room. The Judge will begin calling names on the docket, when you hear your name please say “here” to let the Judge know you are present and your case will be heard by the Judge.
If you have any questions please contact the Municipal Court Clerk at 417.753.2884 ext 321 before April 8th. The Clerk will be unable to answer any phone calls the morning of April 9th.
Due to the potential COVID-19 virus outbreak, City Hall will be locked per ordinance 987.
Ways to pay your City of Rogersville Bill:
- Check or Cash in the drip box at City Hall Box will be checked regularly, please put cash in a sealed envelope.
- Drob box at Apple Market
- Through our Web Portal at : municipalonlinepayment.comrogersville (3% fee will apply)
- Call City Hall 417-753-2884 sct. 303 to pay by card (3% fee will apply)
- Through Traffic Paymentrs at trafficpayments.com (2% fee will apply)
Please call 417-753-2884 if you have any questions. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
During the process of changing software for billing and customer ease of web use, we have adopted a new fee schedule. All credit card transactions will have a 3% convenience fee applied weather by phone, in person, or on our new Tyler Payment Portal. In addition to the 3% convenience fee while using our Tyler Payment Portal a fee of $1.25 is accessed by our financial software company.
NOTICE: IF YOU PAY YOUR UTILITY BILL VIA THE INTERNET AND CHOOSE TO USE DOXO (https://www.doxo.com/info/city-rogersville-mo#faq-405447) , PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE DOXO SITE IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH THE CITY OF ROGERSVILLE, AND YOUR PAYMENT MAY NOT BE RECEIVED IN A TIMELY MANNER. THIS COULD LEAD TO DISCONNECTION OF YOUR UTILITIES, INCONVENIENCE AND ASSOCIATED RECONNECTION FEES.
THE FEE ASSOCIATED WITH THE CITY'S ONLINE UTILITY PAYMENT VENDOR IS $1.95 PER TRANSACTION. YOU MAY WANT TO COMPARE PRICING BEFORE 'CLICKING' ON DOXO.
Read about what's been going on in Rogersville.